Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Backsplash for Ashley!

My dear friend Ashley (who redesigned her entire house, complete with a second floor addition) has wonderful taste and an eye for embellishments.  I told her I was going to start a blog and she immediately responded with:  BACKSPLASH!  She and Chris (hubby) want to install a backsplash in their kitchen, but can't really decide what direction to go in.  So, for my first project I am going to assemble some great info. on DIY backsplashes to assist Ashley and Chris in their decision.

INSPIRATION (1)
This is a great way to use a standard subway tile (cheap!). Instead of laying the tile horizontally, lay the tile vertically to change it up.  I like white tile because it is so simple and doesn't compete with the rest of kitchen.



INSPIRATION (2)
Ashley's house is very clean with simple lines (pictures coming soon).  I think she should use some kind of a white tile in the kitchen.  The tile I have featured below is by Nemo Tile Company.  It is a ceramic matte tile which is more subdued than a glass or porcelain tile.  Also, it is a 2" x 5" tile which is a great proportion for Ashley's kitchen.




INSPIRATION (3)
This is a fun and adventurous tile.  It adds so much texture and a lot of pizazz to your kitchen.  You definitely need the right kind of kitchen/personality for this application.  





RESOURCES:
     > DIY Video
     > Nemo Tile Company
     > Home Depot
     > Lowes
     > The Tile Shop
     > Modwalls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails